10/27/16

1~14~2016: America VS. Japan: Manners...

Food for thought time!!!!

I was thinking about a lot of things today... One of the biggest things I was thinking about was how each house has it's own set of rules... I know this is very random. Let me explain why I was thinking about this... I recently went to visit a friend... Her house had it's own set of rules as is expected. However, my girls wanted to follow our house rules in her house... I had to explain to them how things are not always the same from house to house... Them being so young (5 and 6 Years old) I am not sure they completely understand.

This is not the only time house manners could be different.... For example... Visiting a house in another country is very similar to visiting a friends house... Though their rules might be very different from what you're used to! Here is Rachel from Rachel & Jun telling us about some of Japan's common house manners or rules...


I don't know about in your house but my house has a shoes off policy only when it is an area where there is a rug... However my friend's house is not like that... As for the rest of my house it is up to the person if they want to leave their shoes on or take them off.

There are also different table manners to consider when thinking about America VS. Japan... Here is a video where Rachel brings us through some of those as well...


These are not all the rules or manners by any means... but it's interesting to see just how different it is from the rules and manners I have for my house!

Thank you +Rachel & Jun for showing me these interesting things!!!

As always... Thanx for reading and watching what's on my blog!!

Have a wonderful and happy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment