10/27/16

10~12~2015: Learning a language...

          Learning a language is very difficult when you don't live in the area where that language is spoken. A good example is me! I have been trying to learn Japanese for around 10-12 years... And only in the last few years have I made any real progress!

          No I haven't moved to Japan (though I wish I had!!!) I have just changed things up a bit around my house. You'll now hear random Japanese being spoken... I have started saying things in Japanese just because I need the practice. 

          Then after getting looked at like I'm a crazy woman with 12 heads I will explain in English what I have just said. It makes for some great comic relief!!! 

          A nice plus is that I'm noticing my children are picking up what I'm saying and using it themselves! This proves my point that it is easier to learn a language when it's being spoken around you.

          In the last few years I've made lots of progress. This is due to the program I bought to try to help me. It still isn't easy but it has gotten easier! I'm using the Pimsleur approach. No this post isn't going to turn into an add for Pimsleur but I did think it worth mentioning.

          Another nice way to learn if you don't have time to sit for a half hour and do a lesson on your computer is to use this app that Rachel from the YouTube channel Rachel and jun tell us about in this video.... I haven't tried it but it sounds like a cool app!

How to make Japanese friends & language partners!

          They also tell us about another website here ... iTalki... where it is everything Rachel feels you need to learn a language... It looks pretty cool and I will probably be checking it out later today.

          Rachel and Jun have a lot of videos about a lot of things... you should really check them out if you're interested in anything Japanese!! Here is a link to their YouTube...


Hope you enjoyed this informational blog!

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment