2/27/17

9~23~2016: What time is it... Time to Learn!


It's that time again!!! Let's take a moment to watch the video before we talk about the lesson!


OK.... Now that we have watched it let's look at some of the thing she says!!!

First up... the vocabulary she gives us in the description...

命日 meinichi → death anniversary
誕生日 tanjyoubi → birthday
結婚記念日 kekkon kinenbi → wedding anniversary

Not too little but not too much either! Thank you SOOOOOO much for these +tomoko tomoko !!!

Now I want to add one! 

皆さん minasan → Everyone

I figure if I am going to add a word to her list I should at least use the same format... I know looking at the word can be intimidating!!! , which is the name for the "alphabet" the first character is a part of.... Though each alphabet is actually called a syllabary because each character represents a set of two sounds... a consonant and a vowel... There are three syllabaries in all... And they are combined to make words... 

Here are the names of the syllararies...

Hiragana
Katakana
Kanji

Now Hiragana and Katakana are basic Japanese while Kanji is advanced... At least that is how I understand it!

There is another way to write out the words though... Romanji! 

Romanji uses English letters to represent the sounds each character makes.... it is NOT how it is spelled. Please don't think it will be ok to just learn the sounds and write them with English letters... This is very confusing to Japanese people from my experience... Just a friendly tip! It is a good way to remember the sounds though... write it next to the characters and it will help your brain put two and two together!

OOOPS!!! I got sidetracked!!!

Anyhow... As you can see in the video... +tomoko tomoko is telling us how to express when different anniversaries are.

I hope I don't miss any... Here is a list of the anniversaries she taught us... Best of all... They are in the order us them...

Merry Christmas = They say it the same
meinichi = Death anniversary
Tanjoubi = Birthday
kekkon kinenbi = Wedding Anniversary
Next was Birthday as a question
After that was when you say it wasn't your Birthday

I don't know about you but that is a lot to learn for me... I will have to watch the video often to get all of it crammed into my head and get it to stay there!


My head feels a bit like this... with each cute furry face being a new word or sentence! I kind of feel like it's yelling "NO MORE ROOM" at me hoping I will stop trying to learn new things... Ya OK... Like that would ever happen!!!

I LOVE learning toooooo much to ever stop trying... Though I do have to admit that it has gotten harder for me to learn things because I get fibro-fog... That can be so annoying too!

Well I hope that this video and my review of it was helpful in some way!

As always... Thanx for watching and reading what I share!
Have an educationally successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment