11/11/16

Lessons done differently!


That's right... It's lesson time! But this time I don't want to just have a Japanese language lesson... Which is what I usually do... But this time I want to teach something else!

So here is a video from +tomoko tomoko that will help you if you are visiting a Japanese household!


The awesome part about this video is that not only do you learn a bit of culture but there are bits of Japanese language being taught to you throughout the video!

I'll make a list of some of them here for you... Some will be single words and others will be phrases... I'm not writing everything down for you though... There will be some things you need to watch the video to learn how to write and read and if you want to know the proper way to say these things you deffinitly have to watch the video because I don't think I'm good enough to try to say them for you!

Japanese List!



ありがとう。ようこちゃん、いきまーす!
Arigatou. Youko chan, ikimaasu!
Thank you. Yoko, I'm coming!

NOTE: いきまーす has ー in it but it isn't actually part of the word. It represents an elongated sound. the correct word is いきます: ikimasu.



気持ち
kimochi
Feelings

NOTE: in this case, feelings of appreciation.



mochi
pounded rice



あんこ
anko
Bean paste (red bean paste)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: the rest of the examples are in a very causal situation.



こんいちは
konnichiwa
hello

NOTE: this is more specifically "good afternoon" and used from around 11 am to 3 or 4 pm.



おじゃまします。
ojama shimasu.
Excuse me for disturbing you.

NOTE: this is said when arriving.



お茶どうぞ。
ocha douzo.
Have some tea.



ありがとう
arigatou.
Thank you.



いただきます!
itadakimasu!
Let's eat/drink

NOTE: it's a way of saying thank you for the meal or drink.



おいしい
oichii
It's good/delishious



おじゃましまして。
ojama shimashite.
Excuse me for having disturbed you.

NOTE: Said when leaving... past tense of  おじゃまします。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK... this is a lot to take in... so I'm going to end the list here even though there was a lot more in the video... Hope you want to check it out because it really is a great one!

As always... Thanx for watching and reading what I share!
Have a knowledge filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment