3/6/17

10~14~2016: Lessons with Tomoko and a bit about me!


So it's that time of the month again! It's lesson time!!!!

First things first... Here is the video we are going to use in our lessons... 

Courtesy of +tomoko tomoko


Now let's look at the Vocab she gives us...

これ kore  → this
それ sore → it
あれ are → that
どれ dore → which
ここ koko → here
そこ soko → there
あそこ asoko→ over there
どこ doko → where
こちら kochira →this way
そちら, あちら sochira, achira →that way
どちら dochira → which way

As you can see there are a lot of words this week... Because of that I am thinking I shouldn't add any... However I think I should talk about the video a bit!

In this video there are CC that are in Japanese mixed in with the English... I don't know if some of the sentences were written in Japanese instead of English on purpose or not but I kind of got a bit lost on some of it... I think if you watch it enough you can figure it out though... It probably is parts of the other lessons mixed in and I just stink at memorizing stuff!

It's still a good video for people learning who are better at remembering stuff than I am... I've been trying to learn Japanese for years now and I haven't gotten very far. Although it could be that I am not really bad at remembering but that I have never taken formal classes... Everything I know is all self taught... When I think about it this way I don't think it is so bad.

I have mentioned before that I have a pen-pal over in Japan... I feel bad because she has been trying so hard to help me to learn and I feel like because I heave never had a full conversation with her in Japanese she thinks I am better at speaking than I really am... I can pronounce things wonderfully but trying to string it all together and remember what words to use to express myself just doesn't work!

However... I will NOT give up! Some day her and I will be able to sit and chat on the phone for a bit like the old friends we are and I will actually understand her and be understood! This is my goal!

So for me this video poses both a welcome and unwelcome challenge! I have to try to figure out what Tomoko is saying when the CC is not telling me... I find it fun though! And the fact that I can pause the video and look up what I need to so that I understand without interrupting the flow of the conversation takes a HUGE weight off of me!

So I just have to say this...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TOMOKO!!!

If you did the videos any other way I don't think I would have found the fun I have!
And on this not I am going to end this post!

As always... Thanx for watching and reading what I have shared!
Have an educational day!

No comments:

Post a Comment